Valid announces its 4Q17 Results
Valid consolidates growth resumption and presents EBITDA¹ of R$ 66.1 million in 4Q17, 5.3% higher than in 4Q16
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, March 5, 2018 – Valid (B3: VLID3 – ON) announces today its results for the fourth quarter of 2017 (4Q17). The financial and operating information below is presented on a consolidated basis in accordance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Net Revenue
– Decrease of 1.2% (R$411.9 million in 4Q17 compared to R$417.0 million in 4Q16). In the year, Net Revenue totaled R$ 1,574.4 million against R$1,723.8 million in the previous year, down by 8.7%.
– In the year, foreign operations represented 44.9% of total Net Revenue compared to 49.9% in the same period of 2016 (US$221.2 million versus US$246.3 million).
– EBITDA¹ was R$66.1 million in 4Q17 compared to R$62.8 million in 4Q16, a 5.3% increase between the periods.
– R$245.9 million in 4Q17 compared to R$278.9 in the same period of the previous year, down 11.8%.
– In 4Q17, foreign operations accounted for 32.0% of total EBITDA1 compared to 43.1% in 4Q16 (US$6.5 million versus US$8.3 million). In the year, foreign operations represented 26.3% of total EBITDA1 compared to 42.3% in the same period of 2016 (US$20.1 million versus US$33.9 million).
1 Adjusted EBITDA
- Net Income
– In 4Q17, Net Income was R$1.1 million compared to R$27.9 million in 4Q16. In the year, Net Income reached R$27.7 million compared to R$88.3 in the same period of 2016. In 2016, the sale of the interest in Multidisplay was completed, which contri¬buted R$21.8 million to Net Income of 2016.
Click here for the 4Q17 Earnings Release.
Valid will host Conference Calls to discuss its Results on March 7, 2018, Wednesday, as follows:
Conference Call in English:
9:30 a.m. (US ET)
11:30 a.m. (BRT) / 2:30 p.m. London
Connecting Number: +1 (412) 317-6776
Webcast: click here
Conference Call in Portuguese:
8:00 a.m. (US ET)
10:00 a.m. (BRT) / 1:00 p.m. London
Connecting Number: +55 (11) 3127-4971 / (11) 3728-5971
Webcast: click here
For further information, please contact Valid’s Investor Relations Team.